Welcome to first-time attendees of the NAIS Annual Conference.
We’re so glad that you will join us this year for the 2016 NAIS Annual Conference in San Francisco! No matter your role in school, you’ll find that attending this conference will provide you with both practical lessons and big-picture discussions about independent education, and it will lay the foundation for creating a network of colleagues that will last a lifetime.
We hope this page will answer some of your questions, and help you prepare as you explore this year's theme, What's Your Story? The Power of Trailblazers, Catalysts, and Calamities.
New! Events for First-Time Attendees
First-Time Attendee Reception
Marriott Marquis, Yerba Buena Ballroom, Salon 8
Wednesday, February 24, 5:00-6:00 PM
Drinks and light refreshments will be provided. This event is free, but registration is required. Tickets are available at the registration desk.
First-Time Attendee Coffee Break
Thursday and Friday mornings from 6:45 - 8:00 AM you can meet fellow first-time attendees on the Level Three Lobby in Moscone Center West for complimentary coffee.
Tips for Making the Most of Your First Conference:
- Locate the Information Booth and stop by at any point in the conference for assistance.
- Visit the Member Resource Booth in the Exhibit Hall to meet staff, test product demos, and pick up your free giveaway.
- Connect ahead of time with the NAIS AC2016 Mobile App, the AC online community, Twitter and Facebook. Coming soon!
- Know the program. You can download the preview or program in advance either through the website or the conference app. Coming soon!
- Remember that you can attend any of the one-hour workshops without pre-registration.
- Identify some key areas you want to focus on for either your own personal PD or for your school.
- If you’re attending the conference with other colleagues plan your schedules in advance, meet often during the conference, and agree on some shared goals.
- Take advantage of any free meals provided at the conference — not only is it a great way to cut down on costs, it’s an ideal place to network and make new friends.