The NAIS Annual Conference process for assigning space to career placement firms will be implemented as follows:
NAIS will offer two types of space options for career placement firms: standard and premium. NAIS will identify what space will be considered for each option. Space parameters and types will change from year to year, depending on the location and venue of the conference.
Standard Space: $2.50 per square foot
Standard space is space that is not immediately seen by attendees upon entrance into the corridor/foyer where placement firms will be located. Review the diagram to identify what space is considered standard. You may purchase a combination of standard and premium space to fulfill your square footage needs.
Premium Space: $3.00 per square foot
Premium space is space that is immediately seen by attendees upon entrance into the corridor/foyer where placement firms will be located. Review the diagram to identify what space is considered premium. You may purchase a combination of standard and premium space to fulfill your square footage needs.
Space will be assigned after the first established deadline, as follows:
To request space, please use the electronic form linked below. The form must be filled out in its entirety, and by the deadline, July 20, 2018. We will not begin assigning space until after the deadline.
- NAIS staff will determine preliminary space assignments, based on the information provided by each firm. We will assign the space in order from the largest amount of space requested to the smallest.
- When the same amount of space is requested, a secondary mechanism will be used to prioritize the order by using the date and time the request was submitted.
- NAIS staff will then contact the placement firms, in order of largest space request to smallest space request. A telephone call will be the first means of communication. If there is no answer, a voicemail message will be left to contact the appropriate staff member to discuss space options. A followup email will be sent so there is a trail of communication.
- The placement firm will have 3 business days (72 hours) to accept one of the options presented, or respond to discuss alternative options, if available. Time is of the essence, but we understand there might be limitations on making final decisions. The key is great communication with the NAIS staff member.
Space Request Form for Career Placement Firms
Map of the available space that distinguishes premium space from standard space
Once NAIS and the placement firm have agreed on the space, an NAIS staff member will email a contract/agreement for signature. Once the contract/agreement is signed by both parties, the following will occur:
- A copy of the fully executed contract/agreement will be emailed back to the placement firm for its records, along with a schedule for additional information needed.
- The NAIS accounting office will process the deposit invoice and email it to the placement firm contact. Accounting will process any future invoices for final payment(s).
Please Note: If, over time, we notice a dropoff in firms wanting to use the space we reserve, we may adjust our contracts for future space with conference centers and hotels accordingly as we do float the cost of the space when we enter into our agreements. If that happens, we will revisit our process and ensure that those who commit to space the previous year are given first refusal on the space for the upcoming year.