When does the conference begin and end?
The conference dates are February 26 – 28. Wednesday, February 26, is a day of optional conference programming. Additional fees may apply for certain events, but there is no additional registration cost to attend on Wednesday. The conference officially begins on Thursday, February 27 at 8:00 AM and concludes on Friday, February 28 at 4:30 PM.
Where does the conference take place?
Most programming will take place at the Pennsylvania Convention Center (PCC) unless otherwise noted.The address is 1101 Arch Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107.
Who goes to the conference?
We encourage any member of the independent school community to attend the conference, including trustees, heads of school, teachers, and anyone else interested in gaining inspiration and knowledge about the field.
Are there key registration deadlines that I should know about?
Registration opens at 12:00 NOON (EST) November 14, 2019. The early bird deadline for discounted pricing is January 24, 2020.
What is #NAISAC On Demand?
#NAISAC On Demand offers a package for purchase of 60 audio-synced workshop PowerPoint presentations and video footage of the PechaKucha presentations. Buyers will receive access to 12-month online streaming of this content, with the option to purchase a pre-loaded USB drive as well, giving you the option to enjoy conference programming from the comfort of your home or office.
What is the General Session livestream?
All NAIS members are eligible to watch all four General Session keynotes in real time, with our complimentary livestream. Members can access the livestream via a link from this website that will be posted in February.
Which hotels are available for NAIS attendees?
Hotel reservations will be available to be booked through our registration partner, Experient, beginning November 14, 2019. You can find an updated list of hotels here. The headquarters hotel is the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown.
What else should I know about hotel reservations?
You can reserve your hotel room when you register or you may return to the registration site and do it later. Reservations are first come, first served. NAIS has reserved blocks at the hotels, but once the hotel blocks have been fully booked, the rates are subject to the hotels' pricing. PLEASE NOTE: NAIS will never reach out to attendees and exhibitors directly to book hotel rooms. We work exclusively with our housing partner, Experient, to handle our conference and housing registrations. If you receive calls from any third party vendor, we strongly advise that you do not give these solicitors any personal information.
How does the group discount work?
NAIS offers a special rate to those who are registering four or more individuals from their school.
We encourage teams from schools to come to the conference together, attend workshops, and bring back shared experiences and knowledge to implement on campus. Find out more information on our Registration Information page.
What is the teacher discount?
Friday, February 28, features more programming and workshops dedicated to the art and science of teaching. See the discounted one-day teacher rates for full-time teachers and group rates for teacher groups of 10 or more. This rate applies to Friday only.
My school is in the process of applying for NAIS membership, can I still register at the member rate?
Yes, if your school is in the process of completing an application for membership, contact our membership team at email@example.com or 202-973-9700 for information on how to obtain the member discount.
Can I add other events or activities to my registration at a later date?
Yes, you can log back into your registration profile and register for 3-hour workshops or other conference events and activities.Simply follow the link in your confirmation email to do so.
What meals are included with the conference registration fee?
Coffee and tea service is available in the morning on Thursday and Friday. NAIS provides lunch in the NAIS Expo on Thursday and Friday.
What should I wear during the conference?
You are welcome to wear anything during the conference, however, most individuals will be dressed in business casual.
I’m a new mother, will there be a place for me to pump and store milk?
Yes, NAIS has created a personal space to accommodate your needs. In addition, the Pennsylvania Convention Center has two nursing mother pods that can be utilized at anytime during the conference.
How can I become an exhibitor or sponsor for the conference?
If you are interested in exhibiting or sponsoring during the conference, please visit this page and/or contact Jessica Holt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I'm having an issue with registration...
Please contact our registration partner, Experient, at 888-284-5018 (toll free), 847-996-5887 (International residents) or email email@example.com.
I can’t log into my NAIS Account…
We have updated our login systems for all NAIS sites, including conference registration. Your username is now your email address. Please note that for security, you’ll need to update your password the first time you log in to our updated system. To log in and update your password, please login here and click “I forgot my password.”
What are some of your new events this year?
We have a lot of exciting new programming this year! You can find out more details on our Special Events page. Some of the highlights include:
- School Visits: We are featuring four schools in the central Philadelphia area that attendees can visit on Wednesday morning.
- The Amazing Philly Race: Explore Philly, get to meet other educators, and investigate school culture in this part-scavenger hunt, part-experiential workshop experience on Wednesday.
- An all-day workshop for Leadership Teams: Creating Momentum in Your School gives leadership teams of 2-4 participants the chance to spend Wednesday with the NAIS Strategy Lab team, investigating the concept of the “flywheel.”
- Mid-Career Heads workshop: This Wednesday morning program, Reflect, Refine, and Renew: Cultivating Resiliency as a Mid-Career Head, is for heads of school who have been in the job 5-15 years.
- Beyond the Bell Tours: NAIS attendees get a discounted rate on these one-of-a-kind walking tours offered Wednesday. Get acquainted with Philly as you learn about the people and places that are sometimes left out of the history books.
- Special programming for trustees: In addition to our general conference programming and our Governance track of workshops, independent school trustees now can register for our trustees-only Wednesday program, Ensuring the Future: How Trustees Contribute to School Success. Trustees can register for this event only or for the entire conference.
- Dine-Arounds: First-come, first-served. Attendees who sign up will be placed in a small group with other attendees for dinner at a restaurant in central Philadelphia. This is a great way to meet new friends and take part in the flourishing Philly food scene.
- Master Classes: We are offering two longer-form workshops on Thursday and Friday with subject matter experts. Find out more on our Master Classes page.